TRADE & INVESTMENT MANAGER – UK TRADE & INVESTMENT
Closing date : 31st Jan 2011
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To undertake tailored research and identify contacts for UK companies and to write tailored market information reports for UK companies.
- To brief visiting UK companies on market conditions and the business environment and to answer ad-hoc enquiries from UK companies about doing business in Indonesia.
- To organise events such as seminars, trade exhibitions and trade missions to introduce and promote UK capability and expertise
- To maintain and update knowledge of sectors and opportunities by undertaking desk research, company visits and meetings with relevant officials and to write sector reports for publication on the UK Trade & Investment website.
- Strong organisational, time management skills, with very good attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focus
- Ability to work with contacts and colleagues at all levels
- Personal drive and the ability to be a self-starter as well as a team player
- Flexible, resilient under pressure and decisive
Minimum Qualifications :
- A college/university level degree is preferred;
- At least 3 years’ experience in a commercial environment
- Fluent in English (min IELTS score 6.5 or equivalent) and Bahasa Indonesia, orally and in writing, required;
- Strong IT computer skills using Microsoft Office, required
The successful candidate is expected to commence employment in March 2011. He/she will be subject to confirmation of a background and security clearance. You must have pre-existing work authorisation for Indonesia in order to apply.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer, does not discriminate on grounds of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation, and operates a no-smoking policy.
For the candidate with the right skills and experience the British Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary, benefits, a leave entitlement and training package. Specific training and mentoring for the role will be provided for the successful candidate. This may include training in London and the region..
Please send a completed application form, in English, with a one-page covering letter and your CV by midday 31st January 2011 and by email only to:
Only those candidates who are successful in the initial sift of applications will be contacted and invited to attend an interview.