NEW BUILD ADMINISTRATION OFFICER (IB3)
Main Duties and responsibilities
- To be fluent in both English and Bahasa Indonesian and provide some level of translation should any documents be circulated in Bahasa Indonesian;
- To be the project delivery team’s first point of contact in the Embassy on all administrative matters relating to the Embassy New Build project;
- To oversee all liaison on protocol matters for the Embassy New Build project, including clearance of staff personal and official items, building materials, visa applications, photo permits, travel permits etc. for Foreign and Commonwealth (FCO) officials, contractors and any other personnel related to the project;
- To liaise with local Indonesian Authorities where required to determine administrative procedures or hasten action;
- To liaise with local clearance companies in clearing freight and other items imported into Indonesia for the Embassy New Build Project;
- To make all transport and hotel bookings for all visitors related to the Embassy New build;
- To raise PRISM requisitions where required and progress all local invoice payments following due FCO procedures;
- To maintain an up to date spreadsheet of all local expenditure and to send an end of month expenditure report to key stakeholders on the project;
- To co-ordinate with the Technical Works Supervisor when required on any technical works which will impact on the Embassy installations;
- To co-ordinate with the Head of Corporate Services/CSM Estates Manager and the FM service provider when required on any Estates works which will impact on the Embassy estates;
- To ensure Health and Safety aspects, where required, are communicated to all staff and visitors;
- To hold disposal auctions in compliance with FCO guidance on disposal sales of unwanted assets;
- Procurement of goods & services where required for the project, from local and UK suppliers, ensuring best VFM and compliance with FCO Purchasing Guidelines;
- To attend meetings with the delivery team and Indonesian officials or suppliers and provide a running verbal translation as necessary;
- Any other Ad Hoc duties that may be required to progress the Embassy New Build project.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focus
- Be fluent in both English and Bahasa Indonesia with ability to translate/interpret in both languages
- Ability to work with contacts and colleagues at all levels
- Personal drive and the ability to be a self-starter as well as a team player
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with good attention to detail
- Flexible, resilient under pressure and decisive with a proven track record of delivering results to a high standard
- To succeed in this position you should have at least 3 years previous experience in estates management, preferably in an Embassy.
- You should be fluent in both oral and written English and Bahasa Indonesia and be able to translate.
- Most importantly, you will need to be a self-starter and a strong communicator at all levels.
- The starting salary will be in the region of Rp 5,292,308 per calendar month (excluding Lebaran or Christmas bonus), depending on qualifications and experience. The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer does not discriminate on grounds of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation, and operates a no-smoking policy.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background and security clearance. You must have pre-existing work authorisation for Indonesia in order to apply.
Please send a one page letter with your CV/resume by Fri 18 February 2011 to:
British Embassy Jakarta
Jl MH Thamrin 75
Jakarta Pusat 10310